AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remote ID Device
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 4/22/2024 15:28 (#10715631 - in reply to #10715331)
Subject: RE: Remote ID Device

nw NC
Ron, to answer your questions/statements that I copied and are quoted below...

"I didn't know I needed a cell phone to fly a drone, until the RID thing came along. You and I & others are supposed to monitor our cell phone while flying (keep with sight at all times!) the drone while the cell phone does nothing but supposedly monitor the RID.

How can the drone be flown with an ipad and monitor an app at the same time? Some type of split screen arrangement?"

"Will that app alert you of RID failure (?) even if you're not actively monitoring that app? In other words, if you have your drone controls up on either a phone or ipad or tablet screen, how can you check the drone go2 app while you're flying?"

This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY4syImI9xg the man tells how the RID device works. Once the RID device is loaded with your drone's identification data, you are finished with it. Just turn it on when you fly. The right side flashing green light indicates that the device is broadcasting the data that can be received by either ground based (or possibly aircraft based) equipment that shows where a drone is in operation. If green light is flashing , drone is in full compliance with FAA regulation. No need for drone operator to do anything in order to monitor flight locations on a cell phone screen. Drone operator already is monitoring drone location two ways, on your controller screen and visually ( line of sight). RID is for other peoples benefit. Should the RID device fail during flight, how could you know other than by having a RID receiver unit with you. The man states that if it has the flashing green light, it is in full compliance, no need to monitor it. Therefore I would not be concerned about it failing during a flight. Besides, out here in the boondocks how many of those RID device receivers are going to be anywhere near enough to pick up the broadcasted signals?

And here are some RID receiver units. https://dronescout.co/dronescout-remote-id-receiver/?v=7516fd43adaa

One has 5km detection radius, priced 950.00 Euro, another 15 km radius priced 1,650.00 Euro . How many nosy neighbors do you think will buy one just to keep track of boon-dock drone flyers?

Edited by WJKEIGER 4/22/2024 15:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)