AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 1795 EE First day questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

PUNISHERVETTE
Posted 4/23/2024 16:27 (#10716355)
Subject: Deere 1795 EE First day questions

EC IL
Did 200 acres with the new to me '19 1795 Exact Emerge Planter planting corn and it worked well but hoping I can do better.

It has active pneumatic downpressure(I know hydraulic DP is better...this is what I have for now so save your breath)
What's a good margin setting and what should I aim for ride quality? (not hydraulic numbers please).
I was getting 99.5% singulation @8mph and 90+% ride quality.
I could have slowed down to 5mph but ride quality only improved marginally. Is 90% ride quality acceptable for a pneumatic planter? I set the margin at 220 which was high but any less and ride quality suffered drastically(80%). Sidewalls felt normal but I couldn't spin the gauge wheels like youtube videos suggest I should be able to.

I split the planter with hybrids. Some seed does amazing(99.6%) some only 98% singulation. It wasn't more or less skips/doubles, even it seemed, so adjusting the vac didn't seem to do anything(ran 17 vac). Would the double eliminator help with this? Or are some seeds just not as easy to singulate as others? I did a dusting of 80/20 talc to start, then a little while filling, then a little more on top. Seems like I used plenty but about how much 80/20 per bag should I be using? Vac bowls were adjusted preplanting to be right(sping by hand but not free spin). I know since one hybrid did very well that the others have that same potential. All brush belts are new and have all new wear parts.

Deere doesn't let me see a map of singulation sadly...only the CV. the 99.6 was <.1 CV, 98% was .2 CV
bordered the field and did half with two pretty good hybrids. switched to new ones and they were much worse singulation.

Edited by PUNISHERVETTE 4/23/2024 16:29

(singulation (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments singulation (full).jpg (148KB - 16 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)