AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 450 troubleshooting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/25/2024 18:55 (#10717850 - in reply to #10717752)
Subject: RE: Raven 450 troubleshooting

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Be certain that the valve type is set to Standard, not Fast, not Fast Close, not PWM. To check, hold the self test key and watch the display for the settings.

In manual you should be able to control that style of control valve directly by putting the Rate 1/Rate2/MANUAL Switch in manual. The valve cal number that is mentioned is important in automatic for controlling how "touchy the valve is etc."

It is not involved in Manual. Be certain that in Manual Pushing the INC/DEC button Increases the flow and pushing down Decreases the flow. If it doesn't work this way i manual it will NOT work properly in Automatic Rate 1 or Rate 2.

Your flow meter is a very old style and might be causing a problem but you still should be able to control the flow in manual with the INC/DEC switch.

I'm not familiar with a Redwall sprayer but your picture shows an older Raven Flow meter (RFM 55) and a Standard Raven Control valve plumbed for inline control. Those components are very common. Since you can adjust the butterfly with a 12V source, I'm thinking you have confusion in the setup.

As far as checking voltage on the green and yellow wires leading to the control valve. As I mentioned you should have the 450 set up to work with a Standard Control valve. If you put a volt meter between the green and yellow wires you should not see any voltage. If you push the INC/DEC switch you should see +12V or - 12V. Pushing the INC/DEC switch the other way should show -12V or + 12V. This will run the motor either clockwise or counter clockwise which in turn goes through a bunch of gears to move the butterfly valve quite slowly. It should take 8 seconds to go from one extreme to the other.

Edited by tedbear 4/25/2024 19:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)