AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Zero turn mowers and wet ground?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

chinband
Posted 4/25/2024 18:26 (#10717823 - in reply to #10717674)
Subject: RE: Zero turn mowers and wet ground?

Mendota illinois
I know that I will be in the minority but when I worked at the state park, they had Toro zero turn, John Deere zero turn, multiples of each and I preferred to run the old John Deere F935 front mounted mower. With the mower in front, you could mow a foot and a half or 2 foot under the bushes, under the pine trees and you could control it with the steering wheel, which is far better than a two levers, with zero turn the only way that you can go straight ahead with zero turn is with both levers full forward, if you tried to mow at a slower speed, it seems impossible to get in a straight line. If you happen to get wet or muddy spot with the zero turn, you’re probably gonna be stuck because it’s not much you can do where is in the deck doesn’t help it just push it deeper in the mud, with the mower upfront, when you get stuck, you raise the deck up you put all the weight on the drive wheels you normally can back out mud. Of course, all of the zero turn mowers have got a faster blade tips speed so that is why you can mow 9 mile an hour and do a decent job.
Be careful
Rich
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)