AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Motor return line pressure relief valve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 4/26/2024 08:22 (#10718408 - in reply to #10717871)
Subject: RE: Motor return line pressure relief valve

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
sbosmt - 4/25/2024 18:20

Had 2 hydraulic motors blow on our drill and wondering if I can add a very low pressure relief valve on the drillbon the motor return line. I would assume I would need one adjustable from 10-100 psi? Just want to put it inline and would assume you could see it blow from cab. This would just be a saftey if connections are not good or if hose comes unhooked to keep from grenading hydraulic drive motors. Everything I was finding online looked to be at higher psi.

Seems strange that you are blowing motors on a low stress application, though I suspect there is more to the story.

I would be concerned with your idea of a low pressure relief valve in the return line. Are you planning on discharging the relief oil on the ground? Would you notice a problem soon enough to prevent tractor damage due to low oil?

A spring loaded check valve would function as a very low pressure relief valve. They sometimes are used to protect oil cooler circuits, though the oil is recirculated back to the reservoir in that case. Might be difficult to find one that has an appropriate spring pressure and does not leak at all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)