AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Credit Rating ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 1/9/2010 12:02 (#1012847 - in reply to #1012778)
Subject: RE: Credit Rating ?

Amherst WI
I like Dave Ramsey, and I do listen to him fairly often. But unless you want to either live with parents until your 40, drive $500 cars and basically wait till your pretty dang old to get at life since you have no money his system is somewhat unrealistic. I have learned some expensive lessons myself but still think some debt at times is a must.

I can't beleive he can't get a credit card. I was getting offers, (and still am) in the mail as soon as I turned 18. A credit card with a low maximum amount on it like $500-$1000 dollars should be a good way for hit to build credit. I would also go to your local bank or credit union and see if they have any credit cards. BTW a debit card isn't going to do anything good or bad for your credit.

If he does get a loan for a car with your co-signature make sure the lending instituion reports to a credit agency. My second truck was with Farm Credit and they never reported to the 3 agencys. So after I paid it off early, and never late on a payment I come to find out I never proved anything. But if I was late I bet they would have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)