AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Ideas Out There To Improve Church Giving?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

EricCKS
Posted 6/7/2010 14:39 (#1227876 - in reply to #1224005)
Subject: Here is the deal, you cannot fact people into giving

Sunflower State

Brother if I had easy answers I would be unemployed as my work is to help churches I serve do exactly what you are talking.

We just got the yearly money talk yesterday. The message that was absent was mission and purpose. We all know we are supposed to give but we don't. Like the title, you cannot fact people into generosity. Feeling has to be the larger part of the message. The talk we got yesterday affirmed the "pay the bills" mindset. We shouldn't just pay the bills, we Christians are about fulfilling the mission of Jesus.

#1 thing you should do is get all your leadership a copy of this book Growing An Engaged Church ~ How to stop doing church and start being church again. This is the long way around but for long term growth and support of time talent and treasure these principals will work. Create a church people "love" vs attend. There are millions of clock punching Christians: put in the hour or whatever on Sunday and check out when "church" is over. 

Another part is to find what area of ministry or strength each person has and find a place to put into ministry. This is a book I read that helps in that area. There are many resources like this, find one that works for your congregation. The big concept is help people find purpose and help them accomplish the Mission.

I could go on and on but read that book immediately and start putting the ideas into place. I have many other books to read along this line if you need more resources. 

Eric

Edited by EricCKS 6/7/2010 14:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)