AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Exercise equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 7/7/2010 08:58 (#1263675 - in reply to #1262586)
Subject: RE: Exercise equipment

central - east central Minnesota -

tigger - 7/6/2010 12:45 I believe all of the above are good tools, but a goal and a plan to get there could be helpful.  People sometimes ask me what I do as if I do the same thing every day.  It might look that way, but nothing could be farther from the truth.  Some days are fast and hard, some are slow and easy, some 80% of max for extedned periods, some are 70% for much longer, some days are for rest and recovery.  There is a reason for the nature of every workout and the relative sequence.  I have not done the P90X program, but get the impression a lot of its value is tied to a plan with a purpose rather than equipment.  I think it's important to have a plan like that regardless of the equipment you use.  The trick then seems to become staying motivated once you've reached your goals.  I just keep setting different goals.  Your milage may vary.  Some people get in a routine of doing the same thing every day and get along fine.  Some are happy doing no exercise and think those who do are crazy.  You need to find what works for you.

Good info - mix it up . . . .

Push mow the yard, varing your speed, from fast to slow. Walk with weights in hands and move them. Walking with weighted sticks (ski poles). (walking across fields is far better then gromed trails/paths). Carry 5 gal buckets of water to plants and trees. Weed the flower/vegtable beds (don't have any, well, make some). Shovel grain, carry bales, rake the yard of sticks - all take the same time as useing a expensive machine - which will need time to work on also. Setting some goals and alocating time is the hardest thing - reguardless of buying a machine or not. If I were to consider wasting money on a machine, I'd be looking on craigslist. There are pages and pages of like new exercising machines - that were well intended . .  . .  good luck.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)