AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church hoppers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/10/2010 11:37 (#1267604 - in reply to #1267580)
Subject: RE: church hoppers?

West Union, Illinois

martin -  it seems to me that you have written in the past about being involved in a home church.  Is my memory correct?  If so, can you give me/us a general time frame of when (1o years ago, 20 years ago, etc), approx how long, and why you went away from that avenue of worship?
Briefly because I REALLY have to get away from the computer. I was raised in a county Methodist church.  Late teens I went through the typical question everything phase.  Also got interested in a girl who went to a non-denominational church and had some really strong opinions.  I decided to do some research on the UMC and compare it to what the Bible said. I was not happy with what I decided.

That's background.

It's now close to 40 years later.  I married that head strong young lady and got involved in a Christian Church.  I've done just about everything but play the piano. I've been everything from the young guy running the sound system to an elder.  My wife can think of no greater honor than having some little kid grab Mom's arm in Wal-Mart and whisper "That's my Sunday School teacher."  Come to think of it, neither can I.

Gotta run.  Hope that's a help.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)