AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guess what I have been doing.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 8/2/2010 19:51 (#1298199)
Subject: Guess what I have been doing.

Little River, TX
Was in the hospital for an Endovascular Repair - Abdominal Aortic Aneurysum. Fortunately it was before any failure of the artery leading to my legs. (They put a boot in the big artery below my liver. A boot that was big enough to reinforce the artery wall for four large balloons, and a couple of bubbles. If any of them had burst It would have been an interesting minute or two. At the most.

Really was quite interesting. The only discomfort I felt was a stiff and sore lower back from laying on a board with a thin mattress and stiff and sore knees also from being immobile for about 8 hours.

One pain pill allowed me to go to sleep and when I awoke the stiffness and soreness was tolerable. After that was no need for any pain killers.

Bad side effects is no lifting anything heavier than 5 lbs. Can not drive a car for two weeks and can't drive a tractor for a month maybe 6 weeks.

I have to say a word about our newest Methodist Minister. He is the first minister to visit this house in 30 years. He was at the waiting room waiting for my wife to arrive at 5 AM. He was in my room the next morning at 7 AM. That man is a keeper. Born in Korea, became a Korean Methodist minister and 10 years ago switched to the United Methodist.
If by chance you are in the city of Little River (Temple) on a Sunday morning plan on attending church. Come early as in just three weeks he has filled the parking lot(s).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)