AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

knee replacement?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

old ohio farmer
Posted 8/25/2010 22:03 (#1332378 - in reply to #1331520)
Subject: Re: knee replacement?

Van Wert co. NW Ohio
my wife had both of hers done at the same time this past march. she was 61 at the time and could barely walk,get into a car or even stand up for very long and was in constant pain. family doc says she is too young,knee surgeon says she should have had them done 5-6 years ago.he said that the time to do them is when they start interfering with the quality of your life and besides the new style joints are good for 30-35 years. she says it was the best thing she has ever done[next to marrying me] and is an entirely new person. she was in the hospital 4 days,threw the walker away 12 days after surgery,never used a cane and was walking over a mile a day 6 weeks after her operation.she didn't go to a nursing home for rehab,did it all at home.she said that she had less pain 10 days after surgery than she had before the operation. the only negative in my opinion is that she has rediscovered the joy of shopping in her words and she is making up for all the lost years when she was housebound. our e-mail is [email protected] ,my wife would be glad to share her story with yours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)