AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

gotta rant on kids and text
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Ron/PA
Posted 9/17/2010 10:13 (#1363041 - in reply to #1361907)
Subject: RE: gotta rant on kids and text

I'd go the other route. Why must you call me when you can text me? I can read it at my leisure and when it's safe to do so. You won't get P.O.d at me for ignoring your call and I can reply after I've had time to digest it, rather than say some of the stupid in your face things I'm prone to spit out in a conversation that comes at the wrong time.

I don't understand the opposition to texting. I'm never required to read a text if I don't want to, although manners do suggest that I answer a phone call when it comes in or at my earliest convenience.

I'm 57 and as someone who was once awed at the convenience of carbon paper, I'll take every bit of technology I can cram into my life.
I'm the person that actually WAS too lazy to use a rotary phone when push buttons came out, I would have been thrilled with matches over flint and steel, loved lighters over matches and yes I am too lazy to find a lighter when my grill has an internal ignition system and couldn't wait to buy my first TV with a remote control.

Don't fight it, and you might find it's more useful than hula hoops.

Ron
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)