AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Practice Without Pressure - Special Needs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

catfarmer
Posted 9/23/2010 21:10 (#1371638)
Subject: Practice Without Pressure - Special Needs

Central Indiana
Practice Without Pressure (PWP) in Newark Delaware is the most amazing place for People with Special Needs to overcome their fear of Doctors, Dentists and Medical Procedures. Their website is: http://www.pwpde.com ***Please pass this along to anyone you know who has someone with Special Needs ***

Currently on their website, they have a short video clip from the local Public TV station which explains the PWP process. We learned about PWP by seeing this video when it aired on WHYY.

Our 17 year old son with Down Syndrome could never cooperate to have his blood taken. His fear would cause the Adrenaline to kick in, and there was no way he could be held still. In just 3 visits to PWP, they were able to draw his blood - he cooperated fully and acted as though it was no big deal. It was just amazing and unbelievable - Praise the Lord.

We have now started "practicing" for the Dentist. He's always had to be put under general anesthesia for any dental work he's needed. Coordinating a Dentist, the Hospital and Insurance has taken months.

Although we live 2 hours away from PWP and we've paid for the sessions out-of-pocket, it's been totally worth it. Especially when you realize that learning the techniques to overcome fear is a lifetime skill.

I would highly recommend PWP to anyone, anywhere who is struggling with Special Needs and Medical Care. They are a nonprofit organization founded by a Parent of a Special Needs Child.

PWP is located approximately 30 - 40 minutes South of the Philadelphia Airport off of I-95. With all of the attractions in this area, there's lots to combine with your visit to PWP.

Please know I'm not connected with PWP - just a proud parent of one of their latest success stories.

Jack
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)