AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2007 wheat harvest.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 8/24/2007 22:08 (#192777 - in reply to #192672)
Subject: Re: 2007 wheat harvest.......

north central Oklahoma
Jim,

It's really hard to believe some have not gotten their insurance checks yet. I was the one who drug my feet as I was almost the last one still delivering wheat to elevator in late July. Just wanted to clean off some fields, and get rid of all the volunteer seed I could. Called agent, adjuster came out, sat down with computer in lap, and I had check inside of a week. My biggest complaint about the RA part of the policy was there was no accomodation from the "revenue" part of RA to remunerate the hickey we took on light and sprouted grain at the elevator. I took $1.50/bu on some. A neighbor sold a pretty good batch for $2.00/bu (above 15% sprout, feed grade value). We would have been better off had we never harvested a bushel off these fields. I noticed there was an article on DTN the other day lamenting this very same thing. Insurance truly did save our a#*es, but we still have to complain don't we.

BTW, I'd be looking for a new agent too. It isn't actually their fault, but he/she should be going to bat for you in a big way on this problem..

P.S. Our July planted corn is really appreciating the rain and cooler weather this week. Most July 20 planted corn is now waist high and looking dang good IMO. Double crop beans are history on this farm, I think DC corn has DC beans beat all to heck.

Edited by Cowboycorn 8/24/2007 22:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)