AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Still butting heads with Apex
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 9/13/2007 09:34 (#203050 - in reply to #202965)
Subject: Apex advantages...

Brett... MapShots is not really prepared to offer on-the-ground training and support outside of North America.   It's just the size we are, and a business decision we have made.    AgLeader and FarmWorks can clarify, but I think they both have significant presence in other countries and they can speak to the support/training they have available.

At this time, Deere does not sanction any third-party software managing guidance lines.   You can archive them, but EIC doesn't support writing either archived lines or user-created or other device-created lines being exported to the GS2.   MapShots has a simple utility to help people copy GS2 guidance lines from one card to another, but it is done outside of the sanctioned EIC support.

And, I'm not aware of any third-party support yet for publishing background imagery to the GS2.   Deere has provided support for it, but it is a very clunky method of doing it and I don't think anyone has implememted it.

I believes support is available for all other GS1 and GS2 features.   In some cases, support may not appear in third-party software as soon as the features are avaialble in the hardware, but it's usually there within six months or so.

Hope that clarifies my statement.   And, yes, I was aware that I should have addressed my initial post more toward North American growers as I was writing the comment but was too lazy to go back and edit it.   Lesson learned Laughing

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)