AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Protien vs RFV
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

panotiller
Posted 10/14/2007 23:29 (#219591 - in reply to #219184)
Subject: RE: PANotiller...

Lewisburg, PA
We have a lot of edom soil some allenwood, limestone clays.Moisture levels are 55 to 65 . The 8 ton average came from two drougts in 2000 and 2001 and another year. The first two years hurt because I bought there established stands and found them out to be more dandelion, foxtail, crb grass then alfalfa, with in two years I rotated every field they had, thats what makes my agronomist so upset is that they have better hay then they ever had. And to have 300 acres of GOOD stands takes some time.Last three years the average is around ten ton. Last year we averaged 12. On the 300 acres 200 is good alfalfa ground the rest is marginal. As for the manure, Yes I get it for free but I haul it manage it all across my farms so we don't end up with a big problem down the road, He's got cows to worry about not which field didn't have manure on in the spring. Deer? what are they? Oh you mean the free range cattle that never let the alfalfa get above your knews. Back to the hay ground. I have hay on farms they never even wanted to try to grow it on because of rocks, but guess who takes time to pick rocks it was one our highest yeilding fields. A 20 acre field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)