AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tonesaguy. Carbon planting grass. (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 10/16/2007 20:13 (#220700 - in reply to #220686)
Subject: Re: Tonesaguy. Carbon planting grass. (pics)

Let me get back to you with more info on the charcoal. It is from the chem/fert dealer. They should all have access to it. It comes in bags. I have a broken bag at the shop that I used some out of. I'll get a picture and some info on it for you. I've been doing a little experimenting with using it in dry form along with the liquid, but the problem with much volume in dry form is that it will drift and blow when released to the ground. That would somewhat defeat the purpose of its use.

I dont care too much for having to rely on the dealer to get the product mixed to me when I need it, and I dont like having to keep it agitated when it is here waiting for use. So, I've been drawing up a few "mixers?" for installing on the planter to mix the dry with the water at the time it leaves the nozzle. That way I dont have any left overs, and I dont have to agitate it all the time. Sort of like a mini inductor for filling a sprayer. I think Gandy makes a meter that can meter something this fine.

We only planted 45 acres this fall ('07) and so we hired it done again. I mixed up some seed with a few cups of charcoal and put in one side of the drill. We'll see if it made any difference here shortly. The grass is up and in the spike stage now, so a few weeks should show any difference if any is to be made.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)