AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Smartrac
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Applicator
Posted 12/30/2007 11:24 (#271001 - in reply to #270814)
Subject: Re: Raven Smartrac

We have three hydraulic valve Smartrax units, two with 132 Trimble gps, one with a 332. All are on floaters, no tractors. The only Quicktrax I have seen was at a Farm Show, and I would not buy one. You have to move a lever to engage it, that will get aggravating quick, in my opinion. There is not much difference in the price of the Smartrax vs the Quicktrax. Installation is more on the Smartrax. Next, are you going to need a real gyro? The cheap Raven tilt sensor (about $500) will not react quick enough (I tried one) to take out bumps. The Raven Enhancer is a real gyro and was about $3500 when I priced one. We have two very similar chassis, one with a spinner box, the other with a air spreader. The air spreader drives much straighter. That the boom stabilizes the roll on bumps is the only thing that explains this to me. I tried swapping everything except the valves with no change. Last, make sure that you get the "new" controller, the "old" one will not do true PWM. Some of this will apply to your situation, but it would be better if someone with a strip till application replied.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)