AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ATV vs. UV
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 1/29/2008 22:39 (#296480 - in reply to #296453)
Subject: RE: ATV vs. UV

Kansas
Rhino Slower and less maneuverable??

If you think that, then you really do need to go test drive one. Nothing about that product is slow. Mules, yes, they have a limited top speed. The Rhino with a chip upgrade I have heard guys getting 62 mph out of them. Now how fast do you need to go to chase a cow? (grin) Stock settings close to 50 or 52 mph.

The only reason I don't go with one of them over an atv is the up front cost. Almost 3 grand more than a compareable atv cc wise.

Where they shine though is taking someone else along to help tag or doctor. A place in the back to toss the calf and make momma follow. Alot nicer than the rear rack of the atv or making calf straddle the seat with you and then he does his duty all over your coveralls. A place for the stretcher and wire and a can of clips and staples and the hammer. The lariet. A glove box for pills and dispensor. Or even syringe and syrum bottle. Can compliment them with a roof and a windshield and now I see they even have lower half doors to keep the worst of the mud out of the inside area with you.

Ok, downsides. That is one unit they really need to consider power steering on. It would be nice. That's it.

Even a big fat guy like myself can get in an out easily of that rhino and drive it with ease.

My Pop is already looking at trading up to his 3rd one now. He wants that EFI and they changed the air inlet again I believe.

They sure are nice but you have almost the price of a small pickup invested when you get done buying one. Matter of fact, you can buy one of those japanese mini trucks for about 3/5 the cost of a new rhino. Give or take a little.

Yamaha knows they have a winner. It was a hot item the day they were introduced and hasn't slowed down yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)