AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Better mirrors for a Cat 55
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 2/17/2008 17:57 (#312204)
Subject: Better mirrors for a Cat 55

One of the things our Cat is going to need before spring is a set of better mirrors that will be able to see around big wagons or even a grain cart (I've already got a 5" chrome pipe ordered for it which was priority #1).  I see K&M makes mirrors for the Genesis which should work on the Cat but we've got them on a couple of wheeled tractors and they vibrate bad enough with tires so I don't know how well they would work with tracks.  I've thought about building some that would attach to the reaction arm mounts on the undercarriage and come up the outside of the tracks but I'm guessing there would be too much vibration from attaching directly to the track frames.  Those would be easy to build and it would keep the mirrors low enough to keep them away from most tree branches, I guess maybe I'll build one and see how it works.  Does anybody have aftermarket mirrors on their Cat that they like well enough to suggest somebody else use them?  I'd like to add extremity lights while I'm at it but I'll use LED lights to handle the vibration and to limit the demands on the tractors wiring.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)