AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White tractor and Great Plains drill fertilizer combo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

unifarmor
Posted 2/18/2008 10:47 (#312769)
Subject: White tractor and Great Plains drill fertilizer combo

Western Oregon
I want to put liquid fertilizer on my Great Plains 1500 no-till drill. I've got the low profile PFH hitch so I could mount tanks on the drill like you are supposed to do. But, I keep thinking I want them on the tractor so I can see what is going on back at the drill or I could spray with the tractor.
I have a 2-155 FWA White. There is not a lot of room for tanks. Somewhere I saw a photo of a FWA white with side tanks. Can't find it through the search feature.
Will probably just put tanks on the drill but wondered what folks here thought.
Also where do you apply the fertilizer? If you do it like Great Plains shows and apply at the coulter won't your openers run in wet fertilizer all the time? If you put it on in the furrow with seed firmers then won't the press wheels build up with fertilizer?
I'm converting from dry because (1) everyone I plant for wants to put on 200lbs per acre and I'm tired of filling up every four acres, (2) The dry fertilizer box is rusting off. (I plant for other people in really wet conditions. Yes, I've tried every rust preventative known to man, including gallons of different oil combinations and now I'm giving up. Drill is only four years old. Fertilizer box is rusting out in all the bolt holes and welds.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)