AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flexicoil meter drive on/off actuator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mark in WCIowa
Posted 3/2/2008 21:33 (#324202 - in reply to #323928)
Subject: RE: From my old Service Manual

Scranton
We never had much problems with these when I worked there. I suppose they were mostly new then and now they are getting some age. Anyway, I looked up my old manual and here are the highlights on troubleshooting that clutch:

1)Voltage-basically it says to turn your master switch on and front and rear switches off, monitor on. Then manually check the arm up and down for free movement. Then leave it down and have someone turn the switch on while you watch it. It "should" have some snap to its movement. If it moves free manually but doesnt work electrically, you have either a bad wire, less than proper voltage,or a bad solenoid.

2)Adjust clearance past control sprocket to 1/32nd of an inch...not much.

Note: Free movement implies A)slight side to side movement of the outer end of the latch arm B)Clearance for the latch arm to drop into the base of the control sprocket teeth and C)Snapping action as the solenoid retracts the latch arm up. This magnetic retraction should occur whether or not power is applied. When power is NOT applied, the retraction does not occur unless the latch is lifted up to a point where the magnet will attract the latch.

This is all assuming the mechanical wrap spring clutch assembly is working properly, which it is if it works when you manually life the clutch arm out of the way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)