AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

used atv ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Eric SW MO
Posted 3/3/2008 08:13 (#324435 - in reply to #324416)
Subject: RE: used atv ?

Southwest MO
As far as hondas go, the Recon is a 250 cc 2 wheel drive model only. Ok for putting around, but to light for farm work in my opinion.

The Ranchers were 350cc models from 2000-2006. The 2007-2008 are 420 cc engines. They are available in 2 and 4 wheel drive. From the factory you cant shift from 2 to 4 wheel drive on the 2000-06 models, but you can add a Warn 4-2-4 kit for $250 that will let you shift in and out of 4 wheel drive. They are available in manual (foot) shift or Electric shift, in which you push buttons on the left handle bar to shift gears. I prefer the manual shift, there have been a few problems with the electric shift ( mud under the buttons, shift sensors). I like having my left hand to use a soil probe or spray wand and not having to push buttons at the same time.

They made a Rancher 400 AT with automatic transmission. Stay away from it, its the one honda model they have had lots of problems with.

The Foremans are 450-500 cc machines, depending on what year you are looking at. All of them I have seen are 4 wheel drive. I know some of the later ones you can shift in and out of 4 wheel, not sure about the older ones. Also available with or without electric shift. A foreman "S" model is manual shift, "ES" model is electric.

The Rubicon are 500 cc machines with more features, think they have an automatic transmission, but it doesnt use belts like most of the other manufactures auto transmissions.

The Rincon is a 650cc machine

Be carefull buying one on E bay, if you can go look at it before you bid. My son was looking at one that was supposed to be 30 miles away, turned out to be a scam. After asking the owner a question by message they ended the auction early and sent me a message from them wanting to sell us the quad and we should send money to this "Ebay escrow service" Also got official looking Ebay email saying send the money here. Sounded fishy to me, and Ebay confermed it was a scam.

Edited by Eric SW MO 3/3/2008 08:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)