AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field Sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GinNB
Posted 3/3/2008 18:20 (#324907 - in reply to #324888)
Subject: RE: Field Sprayer

In one form or another that's all I use.  My Hypro 5210C Big Twins pin directly onto the PTO shaft of the tractor and have to be chained or otherwise mounted to keep from rotating.  They work fine but don't give a lot of flow (10gpm at 600rpm if memory serves).  Ones with a real shaft are easier to swap from tractor to tractor without worrying about how to mount them.  I find they give less trouble if they've got a more substantial mount than a chain and torque bar, which means I've gotta change it if I change tractors.  I've got a few with centrifugal pumps (2 are spraying systems pumps, and one is whatever Cima puts on theirs) and one with a diaphragm pump (can't remember the brand offhand).  No complaints and they're longer between rebuilds than the Hypro Big Twins, which are better than roller pumps.  I think diaphragm pumps are my favourite so far for boom sprayers though.  I've sprayed some compost tea with my Big Twins (roller pumps not recommended at all), but diaphragms are recommended best for that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)