AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain bin question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ten-Four
Posted 3/4/2008 00:14 (#325283 - in reply to #324751)
Subject: Re: Grain bin question.

EC Nebraska
We just put up a 50,000 Bushel MFS this past summer. We did a lot of research before diciding which brand to go with. We even went as far as doing a walk through of the MFS plant (only about 45 miles from here). We broke each brand down by componet (floor, door openings, gauge of each ring from bottom to top, etc). MFS seemed to be in the top of each area in our opinion. As far as the stiffeners go...We originally ordered our bin without them. Don't know how big your bin will be, or what type of crop you will store in it, but we were informed while at the plant that if you plan on putting anthing higher than 15 or 16 percent corn in a bin of that size you should have the stiffeners installed. To our suprise the bin was priced a little cheaper with the stiffeners. I believe this is because they use a little lighter gague steel in the rings if stiffeners are installed. Wind is also a factor where we are and another factor in deciding to add the stiffeners to our bin. If I had to say something negative about a MFS it would be that the manhole at the eave of the roof is a little tricky to get into because there is about a 5" +/- lip between the roof and the lid. All of this is just my opinion, but I feel that we made a very educated decision when decided to go with the MFS. And, as usual, some people may disagree, as they have the perfect right to do so. Like I said before, this is a new bin to us, and we have not emptied the first crop out of it yet. However, we did put a Sukup power sweep in it and I am looking forward to seeing how that works. Hopefully it works more so I work less!!! If you would like, I could try to e-mail you some pictures of the bin we put up. If interested just let me know. Good Luck!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)