AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

e Set Disks and ROI
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farminguy
Posted 3/3/2008 16:58 (#324852 - in reply to #324791)
Subject: Re: e Set Disks and ROI

Gibson City, IL
Thats what we did last year. Brand new DB60 24row30. Didn't even cross our minds to do it any other way. We had been running esets on a 7200 previously so we had personal experience to back it up.

The way I look at it. Your paying what? $120 a row.....so a 16row planter costs you about $1920 to outfit. At $5 corn thats only 384 bushel. It don't take much to make that up especially since your probably running at least 800 - 1000 acres if your running a 16 row planter.

I don't know what size of planter your using or the number of acres your running but it really doesn't matter.

Look at it in terms of convenience cost, it is so nice to be able to just dump the seed in and go, no fiddling with the vac pressure and all that. Isn't that worth something also?

I say buy them, you won't regret it. If you do wait and then get them in say two years, you will regret that you didn't get them sooner.

Just my two or three cents

Randy

We are also running Precisions 20/20 (we had one last year) and my thinking on it is very, very similiar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)