AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

differences between 7200 & 1770 planters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 3/4/2008 08:46 (#325391 - in reply to #325151)
Subject: RE: differences between 7200 & 1770 planters

We've been running a 7200 12 row front fold flex planter since '02 and it seems like it took about four years to work the bugs out of it but now it's been a reliable planter.  My main complaint with our 7200 is it's just not built heavy enough to handle the weight of fertilizer, the hitch broke off our's the first year we had it and I've had to weld the frame in several other places since then.  The 7200 is built using 1/4" wall tubing while the 1770s are 5/16" or 3/8" and everywhere that I've had to weld on our 7200 has been beefed up on the 1770s.  Also how the two tanks are mounted on the 1770 keeps the weight on the lift wheels during transport instead of making the hitch carry alot of the weight (that's what's been cracking the frame on our's).  In my opinion the markers on the 7200 were some of the worst every built but the breakaway on the later Deere's is still a pretty poor design.  We put some Great Plains flat fold markers on our planter and they were a huge improvement.  Since your going to be using fertilizer I would spend the extra money on the later planter to get the heavier frame.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)