AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My T-22 test plot observations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

usafarmer
Posted 7/18/2006 14:54 (#27741)
Subject: My T-22 test plot observations

Newfane NY
For notillr and others. I do not sell T-22 but I do use Bird Hybrids corn and Leon is the man who told me to try T-22. First test. On our cabbage seedbed which we plat with a 4 row planter set at 10" spacing. One side had T-22 and the other side nothing. Planted April 25th and it was cold and wet for a long time. Above ground we could see very little differance but below ground the T-22 had alot more roots and alot more hair roots. It seemed to be this way even at the time we pulled them for transplanting. Dad , who has been growing cabbage for 57 years said the T-22 roots were the best he has seen in a long time. That tells me it worked as Dad is the teacher of the "show me do not tell me" class. Next year all the seedbed will get T-22 with a few checks scattered throughout. Test #2. Peas planted April 18th. 40' drill with 2 sections T-22 and one section nothing. I have no way to check the yield as Birdeye did not harvest that field as they siad they were hard and did not want them. But upon walking the plot the root rot stopped at the T-22 line and the plants with T-22 was greener and the peas much softer when eaten. Conclusion.......If and a big if I grow peas next year all will have T-22 on. I just would like to see a less dusty formulation and an easier way to handle it. Maybe the makers of T-22 will make it better to handle. 3.5 ton peas not harvested sure makes a very thick cover crop. All comments welcomed and all questions about my test will be answered. John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)