AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Waterhemp officially declared RR resistant in MO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 7/21/2006 23:39 (#28777 - in reply to #28701)
Subject: Yields

Brazilton KS

If I grew 40 bushel beans on a regular basis and 100 bu corn I would perhaps lean toward beans too.  I don't think I would be up to going 100% though, just as I am not ready to grow 100% corn with our 110 vs 30ish yields. 

I've sprayed a lot of Butyrac the last week, but it's been at 1/2 oz per acre.  Sure makes the Cobra and/or Blazer work a lot better.  Sprayed about 5 acres this evening with 8oz just to clean up a little mess in a spot in the middle of a field we replanted most of.  Have used it before, back when Blazer/Basagran was the only other choice and cost $30 per acre or better....it sure does work, but it takes a certain "close your eyes and spray" approach.   

I was looking at "guaranteed" corn programs this spring.  I kept asking the same annoying question about the guarantee....what are you going to do about it?  Whenever someone tells me they will pay for the yield loss if it doesn't work, I'll take them seriously.  Until then I am going to build my own program using my experience and judgement to balance cost with an acceptible probability of success.  All this warranty business is great but they make it cost so much more that I'd rather spend less and take the risk myself.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)