AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variable rate seeding observation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lhaag
Posted 8/4/2006 09:59 (#32555 - in reply to #32444)
Subject: RE: Variable rate seeding observation

John,

Wish you guys would have caught a rain, its needed everywhere I think. I think there is a lot of value in your observations, you have encouraged me to go walk some areas in the fields to see what I find. Your comments about one year of data bring up a good point, I think in our area on both the dryland and irrigated if there was ever a year to have a yield monitorthis is it, because like you said, other pressures were minimal, it was simply water and close enought to the edge that small differences in plant available water are going to make huge differences in yield. I'm going to guess our dryland corn is going to range between 0 and 70, as much as I hate to say it I am looking forward to seeing the yield maps from an information prospective. I don't ever expect VRT to really improve yields as much as I expect it to cut cost, which if you follow Kastens farm management data it shows that cutting cost is more important to profitability anyways. Now that I've typed that I almost deleted it, because on second thought I do expect to see improved yields in areas that have traditionally been planted too thick with a blanket rate approach.

I appreciated your post, hopefully we can get back to more discussions like this on the board here.

Best Regards,

Lucas Haag
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)