AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To spray or not to spray????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 8/7/2006 23:39 (#33671 - in reply to #33445)
Subject: Re: To spray or not to spray????

Dave, there's nothing scientific about what I posted. If anything far from that, just what we are seeing on our yield monitor. I'm 55 yrs old and started farming on my own when I was 19. I had one or two farmers that gave me a lot of good advice thru the years and really appreciated it and felt if I can pass anything along to help out another farmer it would be a way of thanking those that helped me. Whether my advice is worthwile or not it's up to each one to determibe that. Some may think it's helpful advice & others may think I'm full of s**t.

Biggest decision on whether deciding to respray or not isn't necessarily the yield loss from the respray. You also have to look at what would have been if they weren't resprayed. Normally our resprays are either patches of giant ragweed or shattercane. With the giant rag if we were to let them go the yield loss would have been far greater. Yield loss isn't as big of problem from the shattercane unless you let it go unchecked
Luckily we have gotten both pretty well undercontrol. Now the problem seems to be waterhemp coming back.:~(. Oh the joys of farming......lol

BTW, I didn't take your response as being a "smartass".

boog
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)