AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marv, your corn problem.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tim Cooke
Posted 8/8/2006 11:59 (#33793)
Subject: Marv, your corn problem.

I have held off answering you first question because of several factors. The biggest is I have not seen the field or test results. Time of testing is a big factor in what the .088ppm means. Also, what part of the plant was tested. Leaves will have more just after the chem is applied. Stalks take longer to test positive.

But I will say that 32oz per acre will give you 1ppm on the SOIL SURFACE. Without seeing the corn I have no idea what the ppm would be based on plant area.

If I had a leaf test from 1 week after spraying that had .088ppm I would not expect the corn to have an economical size ear on it, if any. Do you have a need for silage?

There are many more factors that enter into this. Much more than I can post in this limited space.

I think you only had around 2 to 3 ozs of RU in the tank per 20acs. The source could be anything from a used jug being used to measure something, some in a line from the last mix, or any other number of things. The key is that the RU affected the plants ability to tolerate the Callisto. All selective herbicides relie on a healthy plant to prevent damage.

So "What does .088ppm mean?" It means someone messed up and your corn is paying the price. Other than that, the meanings could be endless.

The thing to be learned here is to limit, as much as possible, the chances for this to happen again.

Tim

Edited by Tim Cooke 8/8/2006 12:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)