AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dji no fly zone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 1/18/2016 18:51 (#5045778 - in reply to #5044736)
Subject: RE: Dji no fly zone

Chebanse, IL.....

Dave

Thanks for the link.

Well...this is "no fly" update #39 it seems! But that link doesn't give me a lot of numbers & facts. Are the red zones they show around the airports the actual "no fly" area? Or, is it really larger than that. Judging from our local (IKK) airport on that map, the no-fly circle is not even 1 sm from the airport center. I've looked @ other nearby "larger" airports (BMI, CMI, etc) & see the same. Barely 1 sm from the center.

I presume it extends down to the ground & up to.....what height? I assume it's over 400' since that is the suggested max altitude presently proposed.

I note that our smaller "grass field" & single runway paved strips do not even appear. As I've often said, I think the large, busy airports like MDW, ORD, SFO, FLL, etc, etc should have at least a 5 mis no fly zone. If you live that close, I'm sorry, you'll have to load up & drive to a park somewhere, or keep it below TTL (tree-top level). Planes don't normally fly below TTL within large airport traffic areas. At least not repeatedly.

If the airport boundaries shown on your link are the final product, you're right, this isn't bad at all. Everyone should be able to live with those. But, I'll reserve my final judgment for the final facts. I'm not sure DJI is presenting a "final version" yet. I could be wrong though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)