AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom 4 will have?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 1/21/2016 06:53 (#5052272 - in reply to #5052244)
Subject: RE: Phantom 4 will have?

Chebanse, IL.....

Old&Ugly

I think the "position elevation" is the point of super2's request. He (and I!) would like to know the elevation in AGL of the drone where it's flying, not where it took off, which is the readout we see presently on the remote control screen. Radar altimeters is what we use in planes to give us that info. Shoots radar beam down (instead of normal forward) & bounces off ground/objects to give you a reading in FEET (I'll continue to live in the past & with modern day aviation!) above whatever you're flying over. If you're hovering over a grain bin a few hundred feet away, it would be nice to know if you're 5' or 50' above the roof. Especially if visual contact is not 100%, which I believe most of us claim we have 100% of the time....but I'm skeptical of that.

Anyway...I assume it would take some type of tiny Radar Altimeter to give us that Above Ground Level number....right?

super 2, is that what you're wanting?

Camera zoom would be great also. I assume we're talking an actual zooming lens? Or an electronic only zoom like some of the pocket cameras?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)