AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bad battery for DJI Phantom 2?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/27/2016 07:18 (#5202262 - in reply to #5202176)
Subject: RE: Bad battery for DJI Phantom 2?

Chebanse, IL.....

Dave

Yes, that's the battery. But, I'm not sure if it's low on voltage or not. I guess it's best to just scrap it. I'd hate to have it just go "dead" at 400'.

Re. "storing" batteries. That irks me a little. I read that you'd better drain each battery to "exactly 49.2%" or you'll ruin it in storage. When they're shipped to me, what is their %? Does someone build an electronic type battery charger for drone (& whatever else uses these batteries) that will automatically draw a number of these (3-5?) batteries down to 49.2% (or whatever that "magic" number is) and maintain them there for 3-5 months, aka "winter" here. A day before flights are to resume, have the ability to kick the batteries back up to 99%. Seems if that device cost $100 or so, it would be well worth it. Is there such a device? If not, why doesn't someone invent it? I'll buy one.

Personally, I did not attend my drone from late November to late March. I thought it was doing OK parked in it's oversize waterproof case sitting in the corner. Apparently not. That 3rd battery was apparently not hibernating correctly.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)