AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bad battery for DJI Phantom 2?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

260david437
Posted 3/27/2016 17:09 (#5203264 - in reply to #5203066)
Subject: RE: Bad battery for DJI Phantom 2?

north east IN
I have been flying with lipo battery's for 10 years my first battery was a thunder power was 2100 MA 10c rating and cost $80. I have never heard of storing them at 1/2 till Dji came along. Then Dji says to discharge them down low every so often. That goes against every thing I have heard about lipos for the last 10 years. Now if you fly with nicads you have to discharge them so they don't build up a memory but that was one of the great things about the lipo was it did not build a memory. On the lipo you do have to keep the cells balanced and in the past we had very expensive chargers to balance the cells and control the charging. With the Dji smart battery there are brains inside the battery that does all this so all the charger does is supply the constant voltage. These expensive charging boxes are great for charging several battery's at one time but the discharge part of it I have doubts that is good. The p2 uses a 3 cell battery and the p3 uses a 4 cell battery so make sure you get the right box. I may get a box but will only use it for charging. Just my $02 worth
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)