AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DroneDeploy vs Pixhawk and Pix4D
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Derrick W
Posted 4/27/2016 15:13 (#5266831 - in reply to #5264885)
Subject: RE: DroneDeploy vs Pixhawk and Pix4D

This is another reason I prefer to do the processing myself. I just saw THIS today.

Quote from the link-

I've used DroneDeploy a bit for mapping, love the workflow, though sometimes I wonder about the copyright and rights of the images I uploaded their service. Turns out on their website:

"By using the Service, you grant DroneDeploy a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute your User Content."

Seems fair enough for a cloud service to use your data for their internal stuff (BTW technically Google can also use your email/photos/docs if you have an account with them), but the sub-licensable part implies they can also on-sell the license to your mapping data? Just a head's up in case you are mapping sensitive areas!

Pix4D might have something similar but I haven't tried them before, will probably use offline softwares for projects needing more privacy and security. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)