AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Farming Books
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 8/26/2006 19:20 (#38946 - in reply to #38895)
Subject: Bingo!!!!!!!!!!

Little River, TX
Every thing you say is so true. It is for these reasons I would like to see a strong presence of Western Growers, Industry, and Academics more represented in AFGC. Much of what you say is true for AFGC. The big equipment industry guns are major supporters of AFGC.

Most years AFGC has sent one or two of their current big guns to the California, and Western Alfalfa & Forage meetings.

The Western Growers are well represented in NHA. NHA has a different slant or spin on the hay industry.

Besides having an Eastern point of view, the last few years their conferences have been to a destination hotel and city, and in June. Not many hay growers are interested in spending 2-3 days to a week off at a conference, in June. At least the 2007 conference will not be at a destination city and hotel, but it will be in June.
They will have their 2008 conference in Louisville, KY in late January or early February.

With a good Western Presence and a reasonable representation on the board of directors AFGC will then truly represent the Forage Industry.

If nothing else if each Western State Hay association, not affiliated with AFGC, would enroll their board in AFGC as direct members. I believe a few states now affiliated with AFGC have AFGC membership optional for their state association members.

As for equipment with research papers and Forage Spokes Person representing the Western needs might encourage the equipment and other support industries to consider your requirements.

I'll stop before I get wound up. Laughing
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)