AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

In-bin driers....how wet of corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sri
Posted 9/18/2006 01:00 (#44627 - in reply to #44610)
Subject: RE: In-bin driers....how wet of corn?

nw pa
We generally start when the corn is around 25 or so. Some years it has been up in the thirties. fill the bin to the top of the man door let it get down to 16 or so then fill the rest. The biggest thing we do that I think helps a lot is to pull a couple loads out as soon as it is done filling. recycle them through with a fan to blow out any crap. If you can hold the loads overnight and let the augers fill the middle back in with cleaner corn it helps airflow. Drying temps depend on the outside weather and corn moisture,also if you are taking it out of the bin to transfer. can run about anything you want but if it's the last bin and will stay we try to dry it slow. Have run as high as 160 for corn.The dryer the corn the higher the heat. On the last bin full I like to shut the fan and burner off at night and start again in the morning just let it stir. Don't seem to have any bad corn along the walls or where moisture will accumulate. One thing that helps is to make sure the corn is dead level in the bin. We made a small paddle that I install when the first bunch is drying down. Set it so it just flings corn and by morning it is level.

Edited by sri 9/18/2006 23:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)