AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

256 bidi quick attach loader removal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

billybob
Posted 10/8/2006 16:44 (#49688 - in reply to #49687)
Subject: RE: 256 bidi quick attach loader removal

I have a 265 loader on my 3255 JD. I also have a standard bucket on the loader.

You need as level a spot as possible on the ground.

1st Loosen a bolt on each side that holds the wedge in place. (The wedge takes up the slack so the loader does not mover after it is attached to the tractor.) It is on the inside of the frame of the loader, in the back by the square pins. By reversing the bolt you should be able to pull the wedge up aways.

2nd Now that the wedge is loose and with the loader bucket appox. 2 ft off the ground you need to lower a support on each side of the loader. There is a pin that has to be removed so each support can go down. They are on the front arm, just in front of the front tire. These arms will support the back of the loader as you back the tractor away.

3rd Now I take the bucket and roll it ahead so that the edge of the bucket is pointing straight down. Lower the frame of the loader until the bucket touches the earth firmly. Now with the tractor in neutral and the brake on roll the bucket back en ought to move the loader back a fraction of an inch. The purpose was to make the 1 1/4 sq. pins loose. You now should be able to pull out the app ox. 1 1/4 inch square pins from each side of the loader that held it in place on the frame work of the tractor. If you are not on level ground one pin may be loose and the other still tight. You should be able to pull the pins out by hand, not needing any tool.

4th Once the pins are removed I roll the bucket back almost 100% back and slightly lower the frame as needed until the support that you lowered in step #2 are touching the ground. The loader should now be independent of the tractor.

5th Shut off the tractor and move your hyd. valve levers to get rid of any excess pressure. It makes the removal of the hyd hoses easier. Pull all hyd hoses and back away.

Hook up is simply the reverse of these instructions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)