AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else build websites?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 3/24/2009 00:35 (#654543 - in reply to #654494)
Subject: RE: Anyone else build websites?

West Union, Illinois

I dunno, there is that fine line between informing and trolling.  I'd say he's not given in to the dark side yet.

I find it interesting I can't seem to find the page you displayed.    I assume this is something you are working on?  My only comment about the site (and I didn't spend a lot of time studying, just kind of cruised around it) is the type is too small.  It may just be my display settings, but keep in mind you are trying to influence others whose computer may be set different than yours.

I used to frequent a forum that changed its setup so that the lines were longer than my display was wide.   I had to scroll sideways every time I wanted to read a post.  Their solution was I had my monitor set wrong.  I found that odd since it worked on every other site I went to. My solution was I quit visiting their site.

Also, don't give in to the tendency to make things too complicated.  Site authors sometimes like to demonstrate their technical prowess by including every Flash, Java, and any other new geek toy they can think of.  Remember the customer may be accessing your site with an old slow computer on dial-up.  That is back to the fine-line you have to walk.  You want to appear state of the art, but at the same time do not want to alienate those who are not.

Well, I have to go.  My email just popped up that I have been given $10,000,000 by a widow in the Ivory Coast.  This may be just the opportunity I've been waiting for!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)