AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CASE iH STX 330 OR JOHN DEERE 9120
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ham
Posted 11/15/2006 22:00 (#62068 - in reply to #61959)
Subject: my observations

Blvd d'Espair Bowhill, Sth Aust
I went from a 1998 build 9200 to a 2005 build TJ 375 ( STX painted NH blue )
It seems fuel consumption increased disproportionally to the increased horsepower and weight. Gearing up and throttling back on light loads seems far more effective on a 9200 than a TJ/STX 375.

Wear on the NH drawbar is significantly greater in 400 hrs, than the Deere was in just under 4000 hrs. The hitch clevis area is in total blackness at night on the TJ/STX hard for hooking up. Plus general vision of that area is significantly worse than the 9200 was, although you can see the pin to hook up on the TJ/STX.

General ergonomics in the cab I thought were better in the Deere. Each tractor had the 24 spd trans. and its a looong reach to the levers in the TJ/STX

But the TJ/STX version of Field Cruise is so much better than Deere had on the 9200.

I didnt have Auto Climate Control on the 9200, but its a waste of time on the TJ/STX. Interesting to me,, it works very well on my GM car, so-so on my Deere STS combine, and as mentioned, very poorly on the tractor. I've complained to the dealer, and spoken to others on this forum, and it seems to be just thats the way it is...

Do I think the TJ/STX is a P.O.S..? No., not at all.
Am i wanting to quit it..? No

Will the TJ/STX give longer years of trouble free service..? Ive yet to see, but judging from what Ive read on this forum., it looks like that might easy be the case.

Just my version of reality...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)