AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone using a tracked tractor on a pull type sprayer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jaco
Posted 11/15/2006 23:17 (#62122 - in reply to #61960)
Subject: Horrible. Don't do it.

But those are still great tractors.  I have an 8410T that is a good machine, but it has its limitations.  It's my main planter tractor and its perfect for work 6mph and under.  Smooth and very little side draft on hills, stable and the 120" spacing matches other sprayers perfectly without screwing up other rows.  But it sucks in mud and about tore my old trailer sprayer apart.  Boom whipping is very real, destructive, and tiring after a while.  Autotrac works superbly.  Berming is a fact with tracks.  Road travel is horrid, especially on washboard roads or dips.  I farm center pivots and the sprinkler tracks are the deal breaker for sprayer with a T tractor.  Instead of smoothly crawling over bumps it lifts and tips over, basically slamming into the ground.  At at 12+mph that hurts.  Even driving it into the shop over a 2" concrete lip is a jolting experience.  Overall a very reliable tractor that needs suspension for roading.  I just wouldn't get a sprayer anywhere near it.  Especially one with 1500 gal. of liquid on it.  That will hurt.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)