AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dixie Chopper mower deck quit working.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DRester
Posted 5/5/2024 18:26 (#10729839 - in reply to #10729766)
Subject: RE: Dixie Chopper mower deck quit working.

Franklinton, LA
This could get interesting. You can tackle this problem yourself if you like frustration. My #1 choice would be to get a good dealer involved or someone with experience on Dixie Chopper mowers. When I call Dixie Chopper, they usually tell me they have never heard of this happening before!

About 4" from the clutch a small wire is routed through the main frame and it can get worn. The electrical system has some fuses. and they can cause problems when they get damp. I think there are 3 fuses. You might try checking, cleaning and drying the fuses. They have a safety switch in the middle of the seat, on the left side where the seat folds down against the frame and on the brake. These switches and the electrical connections can cause problems. The switch that turns the blade on and off can cause problems. There are 3 relays under the small panel that has the choke, throttle, ignition switch and blade switch. The relays and electrical connections can cause problems. There are numerous electrical connections that can get loose, corroded and cause problems.

I wish you the best in correcting your problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)