AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DR. Agtalk? CPAP
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldbones
Posted 4/11/2024 12:46 (#10703023 - in reply to #10702963)
Subject: RE: DR. Agtalk? CPAP

Floyd County, Iowa
I think you're missing what I'm saying. Antibiotics prescribed at the right dosage, for the right use, isn't the problem. It's when the average Joe starts self diagnosing and self medicating that the issue begins. Too many want meds as soon as they have a runny nose or cough. Viral bugs are not affected by antibiotics, including penicillin, but that's what people think they need and want. Bacterial bugs are what the antibiotics go after. Just taking anti's for no reason, or the wrong dose for the bacteria, is the path to resistance. Precisely why penicillin is so closely monitored and so stingily administered.

The pain meds would have the greatest problem from addiction, which is not part of the resistance discussion.

If you think that there is no comparison between herbicide resistance and antibiotic resistance, that's EXACTLY what I'm saying. Just how many people out there know what the therapeutic level is for antibiotics? VERY, VERY FEW. So they'll be sub-t, which is what would create the resistance. I knew several guys that went with too low rates of water and/or glyphosate back in the day, because when it was new to ag usage, that low rate did the job. But they didn't up the rates to full label until it was too late, and they already had weeds that didn't die. Because it was cheaper, and they thought they knew. Now what do we have for glypho and other chem resistance? Bacterial infections are the same thing.

I'm not a doctor by any means, so we're near the limit of my understanding in this area. But I'm confident in my stance. You do as you see fit.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)