AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any boiler experts on here?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

biofarmer
Posted 11/6/2006 22:46 (#58729)
Subject: Any boiler experts on here?

I bought a corn fired boiler for heating my house and indoor swimming pool. I knew the plumbing would be way beyond my capabilities, so I hired a local boiler company to do the install. I cant get the boiler to work right, with the little I know. The factory says it should operate in the 12-14psi range, at about 160 to 180 degrees. The problem is, the pressure varies from 12 up to 25, then the pressure relief pops off (30psi valve, may be defective-new one on the way) dumping water on the floor. The pressure may be 25 when the boiler temp is 130 or at 180, temp doesnt seem to matter. The installer has a primary- secondary pump system set up, the primary pump runs 24-7, the 3 secondaries are activated one by one when that zone calls for heat. The supply line comes out of the boiler, goes through the supply pump, the secondaries T off of that, then it loops back to the return of the boiler. The factory and the installer disagree on where the auto fill for the cold water (make up) comes in. The factory says on the supply side, the installer says the return side. When I told the installer the factory said the supply side, he says that any training he has ever had says absolutely not. Meanwhile, I'm stuck in the middle with a system I believe is unstable. Is it normal for boiler pressures to fluctuate like that? Is my problem the relief valve popping off too early? Any help or ideas would be helpful, I just have never been around a boiler before. TIA

Steve
[email protected]
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)