AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ayrstone wifi extenders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 2/6/2023 07:30 (#10080998 - in reply to #10076400)
Subject: RE: Ayrstone wifi extenders

Central Nebraska

Ayrstone is nothing more than Ubiquiti and/or Engenius wireless devices that have had custom firmware installed on them to reduce/eliminate the need for customer setup.  I've installed 100s of Ubiquiti radios and if you understand anything about networking and know how to watch Youtube videos or read you can install them yourselves.  That being said, their documentation is not great but the stuff is designed for professionals to install.  For me, the physical install is about 90% of the project.  The configuration part takes only a few minutes per radio.

The novices on here get overwhelmed with the distances.  FWIW, I don't worry about distances until the link gets to be 3-4 miles long.  Line of site is the absolute most important part of a link.  Trees, hills, buildings, tall corn, etc all have the ability to prevent a link or significantly reduce its performance.  Getting the radio up high makes the link much easier to dial in.  The new Gen 2 and AC devices are fast.  I'm running up to 6 cameras across a link with good performance.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)