AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need some advice --
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 8/27/2023 17:25 (#10378305 - in reply to #10378206)
Subject: RE: Need some advice --

Yes we went through it. The house we owned, and our son lived in it. He lost everything but the ratty clothes he quickly put on that night as the smoke dector woke him up. The insurance agent gave him $5000 to get immediate necessities. Then the work began. My son normally shops online. So that was easy to get all of his electronics and prices and anything he bought online so that was submitted. I had helped him set up his kitchen, so we just went drawer by drower and had to list brand name and then looked up online what it cost to buy. They will try and low ball you. Like I had made him a quilt and of course they just look online and find some cheap one and wanted to give him $200 for it. I wrote a scathing letter tell them how much the material cost and all my labor. They ended up giving him $1200 for that. So don't be afraid to argue with them. Clothes, socks, underwear all have to be mentioned. I'm sure we forgot a few things, but he got pretty much what was needed to replace everything. We got what we had the house insured for, that was a no brainer, then we paid to have a new house built there and sectioned off 4 acres and sold it to our son at a price he could swing. Don't forget the food in the freezer and refrigerator, ot all adds up. Good luck to them. Don't try to hurry this process.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)