AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Compass vs. InCommand 800
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/3/2024 08:09 (#10606297 - in reply to #10606178)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Compass vs. InCommand 800

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
1) The auto swath unlock would be an extra cost unlock for the InCommand 800. A used InCommand 800 might already be unlocked. The unlock stays with the display. If buying a used display online or over the phone, I would ask for a picture on the features screen as that will allow you confirm what unlocks you would be getting. If you pick it up in person, have the selling party plug it in so you can observe the display in operation and check the features page yourself.

2) I don't know the current costs.

3) All Integras came with auto swath unlocked A Versa might have it. As mentioned above, once unlocked the unlock stays with the display so a new owner would have them. A used Integra might be a good solution for you. The Integra would work with the older Liquid Product Control module (You would also need a module/switch box) as well. The Integra would allow you to create reports which include the rate, date, wind speed etc. as required in some situations for each field. These reports are in the PDF format and can be downloaded and printed with a Personal Computer.

Since some Integras are likely being traded in for the current InCommand 1200's this might work well for you.

A larger problem might be the spray modules. The older Liquid Product Control module is no longer produced and has been replaced by a module called "L2". There may be a few new of the discontinued Liquid Product Modules on some dealer shelves. My local dealer secured the last of them and they are sold out. There may be some on the used market for someone going to the newer "L2".

This new approach to Ag Leader spray control is to start with an "L2" module which might be sufficient for simple situations. Other daughter modules can be connected to the L2 to provide more features as desired. This could involve just a single module or several modules when going with the most complex "nozzle by nozzle" setups. They call the Nozzle by Nozzle approach "Right Spot". These Right Spot setups can get very expensive especially with larger booms on 15" spacings. There is literally wiring going to each nozzle body.

With Right Spot, auto swath can shut of each nozzle independently reducing overlap to the minimum. Each tip can deliver its own rate based on the ground speed each tip is travelling. That means on a turn, the inside tips deliver a lower rate per minute and the outer tips a higher rate per minute so the resulting rate per acre is consistent across the boom. This is done by pulsing the tips at different rates.

Edited by tedbear 2/3/2024 08:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)