AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric Pump setup for in-furrow?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/5/2024 10:55 (#10609632 - in reply to #10609416)
Subject: Wiring thoughts

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
With my latest wiring arrangement in the Polaris, I place a fairly large battery in the bed beside the pump. I believe it may have been a Group 31. The negative of that battery is connected to the negative of the electric pump which isn't far away. The positive of the battery goes through a good quality relay to the positive terminal of the pump. A pair of wires leads from the coil of the relay to a switch in the cab of the Ranger. That means I can easily cycle the pump ON/OFF from the seat.

I also have a constant live wire and ground from the regular Polaris battery to the new battery. That means that the Polaris charging system charges its battery as usual but that battery feeds the new battery. This second battery is then recharged and the system gets a chance to "catch up" with charging as I'm driving from location to location.

If I were going to use an electric pump or two on a planter, I believe I would follow such an arrangement where an extra battery on the planter actually runs the pumps for the most part but gets recharged by the tractor. Being the planting situation is more constant, the system wouldn't have the time to "catch up" like my sprayer does.

Edited by tedbear 2/5/2024 10:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)